Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bad Kids

I had a "play date" ( hate that word) with my friend Britteny today. I have known her since I was 17. She is 2 months younger than me and her Son is 2 months younger than Sonny. She is one of my closer friends now a days, other than my co-workers, actually Brittney used to be my co-worker too. Met her when I was 17, I got my first job working at Lady Foot Locker in the mall. I had just graduated high school, lost 50 pounds, and was ready raise hell. Our friendship started out innocently enough sneaking cigarettes on our breaks, but soon we both started talking about trying to get some drugs. Cocaine Specifically. I know it was my eating disorder that made me want to try it, so I could keep slim of course and give my trachea a break from all the vomiting. Anyhow Brittney was with me when I did coke for the first time. We quit that job and both lost contact with one another. After that job I got a cushy office job with my sister. 8-5 sorta deal. Paid me well and pretty soon I had a bad habit an addiction if you want to be technical. I'll leave the crappy details for a later post but eventually at 19 I sobered up. I drank heavily and smoked weed every now and then. Until
I relapsed. My heart was broken and I wanted a quick fix. New years 2008 I decided to Women up and not go back to old ways I stopped again. Soon after I found out I was pregnant with Sonny. A lot of my old friends told me to "get rid of it" I had no intentions of doing so. YES I was mortified I had just turned 22 and was single...of course are you kidding me I was shitting my pants. I knew however that I would be able to take care of "it" my baby. As soon as the initial shock was over and I decided NOT to listen to any of my "friends" I completely removed any BAD things that were in my life, including a lot of people. I never looked back.

But today as Brittney and I were proudly pushing our babies in jogging strollers I thought about how much had changed how much we had changed. I usedto hate the WORLD and now I'm bringing canvas totes to grocery stores to help save it. Silly, but some people never change they seem to have always been the same person done the same thing their whole lives. I guess me and Brittney are still friends because we were able to change.The people I used to hang out with are still doing drugs, getting loaded and wasted every night. This song Bad Kids by the Black Lips has been stuck in my head for weeks now. I dig the song because I was a Bad Kid, I can totally relate.Yet I pray to God, Sonny will never be able to relate to this song. I hope with my guidance he can realize how much better he his than drugs and booze. I hope he knows he can still ROCK N ROLL with out all the Rolling on drugs. I hope he LOVES life as much as I Love him. Thanks for bringing me so much love and hope and inspiration Sonny, my good (MARVELOUS) kid.







No comments:

Post a Comment